Wednesday, May 10, 2006

made the day B.E.A.utiful



do you know the feeling? the feeling that you get when you have been waiting for someone to call ya. the longing kind of feeling. well I guess everyday everyone has to juggle with that. So pick up that MF phone and make the call to the other person. that's what I did at 2245.

Well. She did receive the Lindt that I left outside 2705. phew. at least my efforts didn't go to waste. thanks to Sue who walked with me to River City. made me pull up that wimpy courage to do it. The conversation was sweet. This made my day. Period.

It is a long day today. I interviewed Peter Haskey. A quadraplegic from nipples down. He is a really nice guy. He was offering free accomodation in a caravan at his place on the condition that the tenant takes care of him on alternate weeks. I was really tempted to stay in the caravan man. living the life man. HAVE YOU EVER STAYED IN A CARAVAN BEFORE!? NO! this is the golden ticket. but I dunt have a chance to. if I can totally cut off my lease from here this shit hole I will move in immediately to the caravan. Its a lifetime opportunity man. Anyway, Peter has a sad but inspiring story to tell.

Peter got into a horse incident that caused compression fractures in his 6th cervical spinal bone in his 20s. From the interview, I understood that he coped with the condition quite well and made the most out of what he has left. It touched my heart. From his clear blue eyes, I could see his remorse but I couldn't hear his lament. Pity is the last thing he needs. He is now teaching english in the city to asian fellas. President of "ROSTRUM", something like toastmasters. He is also preparing a set of lectures that talks about Australians to the world. titled "Australian Australian"

1 comment:

JoCK said...

i was really inspired you know. he got injured when he was at our age. i would be quite devastated if it happened to me.